This might be the high off finally passing the AWS SA pro exam and chronic lack of sleep. But I am gonna try and attempt to go 5/5 certifications before April 20. If my math is correct that is 3 exams in three weeks.
- Solutions Architect – Associate ✓
- Solutions Architect – Professional ✓
- Developer – Associate
- SysOps Administrator – Associate
- DevOps Engineer – Professional
why you may ask.. I have been needing a good challenge for a while now… is something someone else might say.. come on have you met me. its purely for bragging rights.
why put this up…to stop my inevitable bout of procrastination that will hit in about 10 mins from posting this, which will lead me to delay and postponed actually doing this. You know dwarf planet sized ego and all..
Since it stopped being funny around the 50th time I was asked about it today. let me answer this in one go.
- Did you join PPM?
- No I did not Join PPM
- Did you sell your soul to #YAG?
- No I did not. It was sold to devil 20 years ago for a can of pepsi
- You took a picture with him ?
- Yes I took a picture with the president of the republic.
- Does it mean you like him ?
- No my opinion of him has not changed
- But you took a picture with him.
- some times a picture is a just a picture not a endorsement of who or what is pictured within
- You said YAG gave a impressive speech?
- Yes IMHO he is a good orator and it was a good speech
- So you agree with what he said?
- Hitler gave impressive speech’s during Nuremberg rally’s too. Just be cause it is a impressive speech does not mean that one have to automatically agree with the content of the speech
- You said you were impressed by first couples humility and patience ?
- Yes because I would not have had the patience to entertain 300++ odd strangers request for selfies. Especially right after flying in to the country with out any rest. let alone do it with a hint of a smile. and dont get me started on the screaming kids.
- So means you support him now ?
- No I do not.
- But you said all those nice things about him ?
- I am perfectly capable of admitting that even people I do not like have redeeming even impressive qualities to them
- I thought you are a hardcore MDP supporter?
- No I am not. They just happen to be the only viable opposition albeit extremely incompetent and naive who also happen to advocate some principles I happen to believe in. I have been a vocal critic of MDP leadership and their incompetency for few years now.
- Why the political rants when you say you do not support either ?
- Because I do not think either side is the solution and I believe public officials should be called out when they assume rest of us are too stupid to know better
- Why do you care about politics when you live so far away ?
- Because i am still a citizen and I have family that is not so far away that is directly effected
Let me make it absolutely clear neither me nor any of my cats are in any way formally or informally associated with any political party or organization. Because as far as I am concerned the current system is not fixable any more from inside or out.
Also people seriously have you seen my twitter feed ?
How long does it take Maldivian police service to answer a email ? / Efficiency of Maldivian Police Service
TL;DR: Maldives Police service has a non functioning email address listed as there contact service.IT takes 55 days to reply a email with a non answer answer once it is sent to “proper” email address. They are incompetent or lazy or plain just do not care of serving the public in any manner.
I sent this email to Maldives Police service after my grandmother had to spend 45 minutes in a ambulance unable to get into the house after some asshole parked in front of my house blocking the door. The police took 30 minutes to respond and only thing after they arrived was place a sticker (summon) on the vehicle and stood around. Once i got to know about this i sent the letter to Police asking them some questions. on 18th of February 2014. The email address I sent this email to was on there contact us page http://www.police.gov.mv/#contact. Here is a screen shot in case they change it take on 5/21/2014
Mr Commissionaire of Police;What is your services KPI for responding to calls ? Is your service classified as a emergency / first responder service? If so is 30 minutes acceptable time arrive any place in Male ? Why did we have to find the owner of the vehicle and contact the offending driver ourselves ?. I managed to contact your duty officer in charge today from what he told me the average response time is 10 minutes for male. So why did it take 30 minutes for the officers to arrive at my house. They were clearly informed that a elderly sick patient was on a stretcher that could not be brought into the house. On top of that when I asked him why did the officers not move the van and put a sticker on it and look on. I was told that this was due to not having tow vehicle in police. If they did not have tow vehicles why did they not break the glass to disengage the parking break to move it ? And are you seriously telling me Police service has such a lack of resources it is easier for a citizen to find the owner of a vehicle than police ?. I inquired from your duty officer what if my grandmother was stuck inside the house and we had to rush her out to hospital will Police take responsibility for any thing that happens to her cause of your services dillydally lack luster response ? or will your service throw your hands up in the air and say that there is nothing that could be done about it ?
Having Kids have always been a touchy topic with me and close friends will know about me going on rants about not having kids and all . Today some who shall go unnamed called me Selfish for saying that I did not want any kids and it touched a never.
So at the risk of never ever getting laid again and alienating some people here is why I do not think that not having kids is in any way or form selfish.
- I’m paying taxes without which goes to welfare, schools and immunization programs and whole host of services for family that I do not get to benefit either directly or indirectly.
- I’m able to hold my own in society – I do not receive any form of government assistance and I don’t receive any tax breaks or credits hell I get taxed maximum amount in my income bracket because of this .
- My apartment is set up for occupation by two people in a relationship. So I’m not taking up space that could be used by families.
- I’m not adding to the pollution and resource drain of the world by adding another person to the consumption chain.
- I’m not so arrogant and conceited that I think the loss of my continued genetic lineage is a greater detriment to society than the continuation of it.
Maybe I’m missing the point. Can someone very seriously explain how the “being childfree is selfish” when all arguments begin with, “I don’t want a child?” By not having a child I’m not abandoning something that already exists, I’m avoiding something I don’t want in the first place.
- I don’t want a speeding ticket, so I don’t speed – but speeding tickets put money into the state’s hands where it can go to benefit someone else.
- I don’t want to be fat, so I work out (ok swim) – but eating a lot of food helps support the economy
Does all that make me selfish as well?
I don’t like children, I have never liked children and being that I’m at my at late 20′s, I can say I probably never will like children. I cannot afford to have children live the life I want. I do not want to be tied down. I do not think society is going to miss out on my genetic diversity. So, rather than be a resentful parent for sacrificing so much for kids that I do not want , I choose not to have children. Is that selfish? I’d say just the opposite.
Dear N,N & R consulting users,
You may be aware of reports alleging that N,N & R consulting and several other Internet companies have joined a secret U.S. government program called PRISM to give the National Security Agency direct access to our servers. We would like to respond to the press reports, and give you the facts.
N,N & R consulting is not and has never been part of any program to give the US or any other government direct access to our servers. We have never received a blanket request or court order from any government agency asking for information or metadata in bulk, like the one Verizon reportedly received. We hadn’t even heard of PRISM before yesterday.
When governments ask N,N & R consulting for data, we review each request carefully to make sure they always follow the correct processes and all applicable laws, and then only provide the information if is required by law. We will continue fighting aggressively to keep your information safe and secure. Any suggestion that N,N & R consulting is disclosing information about our users’ Internet activity on such a scale is completely false.
We strongly encourage all governments to be much more transparent about all programs aimed at keeping the public safe. It’s the only way to protect everyone’s civil liberties and create the safe and free society we all want over the long term. We here at N,N & R consulting understand that the U.S. and other governments need to take action to protect their citizens’ safety—including sometimes by using surveillance. But the level of secrecy around the current legal procedures undermines the freedoms we all cherish.
* This is generated from http://colingourlay.github.io/deny-prism/. and done as joke
To all my Chinese friends and family.
Happy year of the snake. May this year bring ample prosperity and happiness.
It is one of those rare nights that i am stuck at home with nothing to do (touch wood) so i thought i would watch some star wars to get some geek cred back. Since i been told that i have lost touch with my inner geek in so many words And also to get into the mood since i am going as a storm trooper for the Halloween party
There is point in episode three when Obi wan tells Anikin “Only the Sith deal in absolutes”. If you think about it this is a broken statement as the statement itself is a absolute. and makes the whole pramise of jadi does not deal with absolute moot. Now if you like me spend some unhealthy amount of time thinking about it it make sense.
You see The Sith deal in absolutes, but do no recognize they exist. They think everything is a grey area, but act as if there is only good and evil with no gray area.
Jedi believe in absolutes, but do not deal in them. They acknowledge the existence of absolutes, but act always in an area where there is another option/solution other than good or evil. They try to see a peaceful third option, essentially.
Anakin was dealing in absolutes without recognizing the possibility of a third option.